Smothered Chicken Breasts With Spinach
photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 cups marinara sauce (homemade or canned)
- 16 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 pyrex dish with olive oil.
- Fill the pan with spinach.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the spinach and cover with sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 30mins.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
You are so right about this being a great recipe for nights when you don't want to cook. We loved how healthy and flavorful this was. I made as written using Recipe #417788 and resisted the urge to put some cheese on top which would have been less healthy but very yummy. Fallowed you suggestion and served with garlic bread which was the perfect side. This is the kind of recipe I like to keep on hand, thanks for the post.
I agree; this recipe was dead easy but good home cooking. I added a whole 24 oz. jar of TJ's basil marinara, which made it a little wet, but better than having 1 cup left over. Also only used 2 chicken breasts (sliced in half), because they're so frigging enormous! Cooked in a round high-sided casserole, which worked fine but might have increased the cooking time a little. I did not resist the urge to top with shredded Mozzarella, and would do the same again. If I felt like working a little next time, I might sauté some mushrooms & onions to add to the smother. Really superdelicious and surprisingly pretty.