A one-pot wonder inspired by a recipe from Chilean chef Maria Eugenia Terragno. I make this with homemade lean turkey chorizo to cut down on calories.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, peeled
- 5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Cover quinoa with cold water and soak for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add the quinoa and cook, stirring, until toasted, for 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Return pan to medium heat. Add oil and chorizo; cook, stirring occasionally to break chorizo into pieces, for about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, bell peppers, serrano pepper, onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa, both beans, tomatoes, and stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook uncovered until liquid is slightly reduced, around 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cover; let sit for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in parsley. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION