Oven Roasted Mussels
I found this recipe in one of my Bon Appetit magazines. It is so delicious. It is a true treat, as mussels can be expensive.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- French bread, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs fresh mussels, debearded
- additional chopped chives (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Position 1 rack in bottom third of oven and the other rack in top third of oven.
- Mix 1st seven ingredients in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Brush bread on both sides with olive oil; place on top baking rack in oven.
- Place mussels in wide oven-proof pot; cover and put on bottom rack.
- Roast mussels until mussels open, about 5-9 minutes.
- Watch bread until it is lightly toasted.
- Remove any mussels that did not open.
- Add herb butter and stir until melted.
- Divide mussels and juices among bowls and sprinkle with remaining chopped chives.
- Serve with bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more