photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup white whole wheat flour (see Note) or 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (see Note)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 300°F.
- Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, butter, orange zest, orange juice and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of batter into a 2 1/2-inch circle on the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, making 6 cookies per baking sheet, spacing them about 4 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies until lightly browned around the edges, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom once halfway through, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Immediately and carefully transfer the cookies from the pan to a wire rack using a thin metal spatula. Let cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!