Old Fashioned Sweet Potato Pie (Made Easy)
photo by The Spice Guru
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 (9 inch) frozen pie crusts
- 1 (29 ounce) can sweet potatoes in light syrup (Princella)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (Borden)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon cloves)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FRESH WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
QUICK AND EASY TOPPING
- Cool Whip
- ground cinnamon, sprinkled
- PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
- ADD sweet potatoes (including syrup) to a food processor with remaining FILLING ingredients.
- PROCESS the FILLING mixture until smooth.
- POUR mixture into two 9-inch frozen pie shells.
- BAKE 55-65 minutes (centers will still move slightly).
- PLACE pies on wire racks to cool.
- WHIP heavy whipping cream into a medium bowl with electric beater until it thickens; add remaining TOPPING ingredients gradually and continue whipping until peaks form.
- SPREAD whipped cream TOPPING over cooled pies.
- DUST each pie with ground cinnamon if desired as a GARNISH for either TOPPING.
- SLICE, serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I decided to try a new sweet potato pie recipe for Thanksgiving and thankfully I made these the night before. This recipe is awful! The pie turned out a funky color, definitely not the color sweet potato pies are supposed to be. I should have known this recipe was going to be bad when it called for the sweet potatoes and the light syrup. Thankfully I have time to make another batch in the morning. Steer clear of this recipe, it's an insult to sweet potato pies!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Mathematician... Metaphysician... Magician in a test kitchen