- Ready In:
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the flour, mixing well.
- Gradually add water until the batter is the consistency of a thick cream sauce.
- Lightly grease the 2 sides of a krumkake iron with cooking spray or melted butter.
- Heat over medium to medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles on the surface.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the batter into the center of the iron. Squeeze the sides closed enough to spread the batter, but not so much it overflows the sides. (Keep a damp towel nearby to wipe off any drips. Because of the butter content, you may accidentally get krumkake flambé if you're not careful!).
- Bake 30 seconds, flip over, and bake 30 second more.
- Flip iron to original position. remove krumkake, and shape over a krumkake cone or a wooden spoon. Slip off cone and allow to cool on a rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Recipezaar to learn new recipes that are home cooked. I grew up having ready-meals like Encor and Stouffers and needed recipes that don't simply require opening a box and plopping in the oven! I enjoy cooking when I have the time to try new dishes. I make every recipe as written if I'm reviewing it to give a true review. If I make alterations that aren't in the directions, I don't feel it's a true reflection of the recipe; it's another recipe to me. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/chefpaulag/final-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/captain.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/329769/ninja%20bmp.jpg" width=75%> (Zaar World Tour 4) <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <a href="http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/?action=view¤t=cunningcrocodiles.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/cunningcrocodiles.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/DSC_0020.jpg"> (Australia/New Zealand Swap #15)