No-Bake Lemon Brulee
Simple and fresh tasting
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2⁄3 cup superfine sugar
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, to finish
- Add cream to a saucepan; add in the sugar, and heat gently, stirring constantly, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently (don't let it curdle).
- Take the saucepan off the heat and stir in the lemon zest, then gradually mix in the juice.
- Pour the lemon cream into 6 (3/4 cup) ramekins or custard cups and leave to cool, then chill in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours until set.
- About 25 minutes before serving, sprinkle the tops of the desserts with powdered sugar.
- Caramelize with a blowtorch then leave at room temperature.
- Serve on small saucers with crisp cookies or orange segments.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION