Nif's Nothing Fancy Meatloaf
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
1 loaf pan
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef (if you use lean or regular ground beef, pour fat off when meatloaf is cooked)
- 6 saltines, crushed (I prefer Premium Plus)
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl; get your hands in there!
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray; place mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you choose to make these in a muffin tin, they will cook quicker so be sure to use a thermometer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 9 more reviews
This does not need to be fancy as it is perfect down-home cooking at it's best. Loved how the crackers were used as the filling instead of breadcrumbs. I used a whole wheat cracker in place of the saltines but that was the only little change. Very moist and just delicious! A crowd pleaser for our family. Made for ZWT6 event.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love great food and I particularly like trying cuisines new to me! Although I don't prepare as much food as I used to, creating in my kitchen is still one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy!