Lower Fat Creamy Alfredo Sauce/White Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free chicken broth (room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (can use more)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup philadelphia light cream cheese spread
- 6 tablespoons grated reduced-fat parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste) (optional)
- In a saucepan whisk together the broth with flour, garlic powder and a pinch cayenne pepper until smooth.
- Mix in cream cheese spread, 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and pinch nutmeg until smooth, bring to a simmer and cook about 3 minutes whisking/mixing continuously until combined, thickened and heated through.
- Mix in remaining 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I wanted to try this receipe because I wanted a low fat recipe. I added chopped mushrooms, chopped onions, and and chopped garlic. It was good but it wasn't great. I also added cubed chicken breasts and shrimp to the mixture. We will definitely eat it again, but maybe we will try a different alfredo sauce.
I reaaly enjoyed this sauce. The first time i made it i added some sauteed mushrooms to the mix. added the sauce to some whole wheat pasta, threw in some cooked chicken from the night before,(all this went into a casserole dish) threw on a bit of mozzarrella cheese(low fat) and baked ti! yummmmmm! i need to add though that you need to use the low fat cream cheese not the fat free. the taste is much different(i bought the wrong one the first time) the second time i made it i put it over some penne noodles! this was great! thanks for sharing another great recipe kitten!:)
see 1 more reviews