Homemade Butterfinger Bars
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1hr 12mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups candy corn
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter (use crunchy peanut for traditional flavour) or 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (use crunchy peanut for traditional flavour)
- 1⁄3 cup crushed granola cereal or 1/3 cup crunchy flake cereal
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Line a loaf pan with parchment, making sure to cover all sides.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt candy corn, checking and stirring frequently.
- Immediately stir in the nut butter and cereal until fully combined.
- Press mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan and cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and cut into bars.
- Dip bars in the chocolate to evenly coat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"