Grilled Pork Rub
photo by GaylaJ
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- Mix seasonings in small bowl. Coat pork evenly with the rub. Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 3 hours for extra flavor.
- Grill over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes or until desired doneness, turning occasionally.
- Let pork stand 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
- Test Kitchen Tip: Pork loin roast or baby back ribs can also be prepared with the rub.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I cooked mine on the grill. Don't let the "burn" look fool you - it's just the sugar caramelizing. I dont' know if it was the cut of meat I used (a split pork loin) of the length of time it took to cook - but the meat was tough. The outside was hard and the flavor was weird. I don't do this one again.
This is an EXCELLENT rub made from ingredients I always have on hand - I LOVE that! The sweet and spicy flavors, mixed with that great grilled taste, really complemented the pork. I used this rub on thick-cut chops and seared them on both sides and grilled them over a low flame for approx. 20 minutes (165F internal temp). Thanks so much for this great recipe! Looking forward to using it all summer! :)
see 4 more reviews