Grilled Cuban Sandwich
photo by sloe cooker
- Ready In:
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, mustard, cumin, paprika and a pinch of salt. Spread mixture on bread.
- On four slices, layer ingredients in this order: cheese, ham, turkey, then pickles.
- Top with remaining four slices of bread to form sandwiches, pressing down to compress filling.
- Heat a large skillet, panini press or sandwich maker to medium-high heat.
- Spread butter on bottom of each sandwich and place buttered side down on hot surface.
- Butter top side of sandwich while in pan and grill until browned. Flip sandwich and grill on other side. If using a panini or sandwich press, close press.
- Grill, pressing constantly, until sandwiches are browned and crisp on both sides and cheese is melted, about 10 -12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WOW! What a sandwich. Loved, loved, loved the sauce. I did not expect this to be so good. I would give this an 8 star rating if I could. I used thin sliced whole wheat bread that I keep in the freezer because I don't use bread a lot. Purchased the meat and cheese especially for this sandwich, except I made a mistake and ordered provolone instead of swiss. I used a dill pickle relish that I already had and put a thin layer on the sandwich. Next time I will make with the swiss cheese. gailanng, thanks so much for posting
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!