Garlic-Roasted Red Potatoes and Vegetables
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
1 13x9 inch pan
- 6 red potatoes, quartered and unpeeled
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 lb Brussels sprout, fresh, halved
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease roasting pan or cake pan using nonstick spray.
- Mix all ingredients together, and toss until all vegetables are coated with olive oil and spices.
- Spread vegetables into pan. Bake 45 minutes, removing from the oven and stirring twice during cooking. For crisper vegetables, cut cooking time a few minutes shorter.
- Switch oven setting to broiler. Place pan under the broiler for 7-10 minutes, sliding out and stirring vegetables once or twice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this without brussel sprouts (didn't have) and it was a great side dish. Have also made adding a turnip - stil good. Makes nice use of red potatoes and other root veges. Also a good vegetarian entree (great if serving a mixed gathering of carnivores and vegans) A sprinkle of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar right before serving really perks up the flavors. Thanks
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
While losing weight and getting into shape, I've spent a lot of time modifying old recipes to be healthier, and developing a few of my own in the process. I've been cooking most of my life, and I can all of my own jams and pickles. I like to find cheap, low-quality cuts of meat and turn them into something gourmet. I'm a huge fan of Gordon Ramsay, Alton Brown, and Mario Batali. I've been trying to learn about wines and pairings.