French Country Mussels
A quick and tasty mussel dish. The juices must be sopped up with a good french bread. Serves 4 but 2 can handle it with no problem usually.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley (or cilantro)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 lbs cleaned mussels
- Heat oil in 8 quart pot and cook garlic and onion until browned, about 5 minutes Add tomatoes, parsley and pepper and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add mussels, toss well, cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes stirring occasionally Serve in a bowl with crusty french bread to soak up the juices.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Restaurant quality! Can't say enough good things about it! Just made me look like a 5 star Chef! I didn't have straight up white wine so I used dry vermouth (same thing). I also used roasted diced tomatoes with garlic (canned) and did NOT drain them. Very important! I also cooked the onions THEN added the garlic. You NEVER want to burn garlic or you will ruin the entire recipe. I ended up using more than a cup of wine. Maybe closer to two. It was absolutely delicious!Reply
see 5 more