Easy Boneless Honey Marinated Butterflied Leg of Lamb
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 25mins
- 1 (5 lb) boneless butterflied leg of lamb
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (can use a couple tablespoons more if desired)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (can use more)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- black pepper
- In a large heavy plastic ziploc bag combine the honey vegetable oil, lemon juice, Dijon, onion, garlic, fresh rosemary, salt and black pepper (I use about 1-1/2 teaspoons black pepper).
- Add in the lamb and turn to coat in the marinade.
- Seal the bag tightly and place in a large bowl; refrigerate for 24 hours turning the bag occasionally to coat evenly in the marinade.
- When ready to cook, remove the lamb from the plastic bag and discard marinade.
- Let the lamb sit out a room temperature for 1 hour and 15 minutes before cooking or grilling.
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat the lamb dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil in a large frypan, then sear lamb on both sides for 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the lamb to a large greased baking sheet.
- Cook the lamb for about 20-25 minutes for medium-rare.
- Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!