Cranberry and Marshmallow Salad
This is not only yummy, but it is very pretty to the eye. The red of the cranberries and the white tiny marshmallows are a wonderful contrast. The other ingredients give it some crunch. Pretty for the holidays.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups cranberries, medium to coarsely ground
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups diced apples, peeled
- 1⁄2 chopped walnuts
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- Mix the cranberries, marshmallows and sugar together.
- Cover and set overnight (or several hours at least).
- Whip the heavy cream and add this to the cranberry mixture along with the apples and walnuts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is one of those dishes that is very subjective. I fixed it for a covered dish meal and I got mixed reviews. Some people loved it, some said it was too sweet & some said it was too tart. I personally enjoyed it but felt there was too much whipped cream in it as it was a bit soupy. Very pretty and a nice change from the usual salads at such gatherings. Thanks for sharing.1Reply