Classic & Creamy Potato Salad
photo by GaylaJ
- Ready In:
- 6 cups boiled peeled and sliced potatoes
- 3 chopped hard-boiled eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 -3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, and pickle relish until uniform in color and texture.
- Add vinegar, sugar, salt, and celery seed and mix thoroughly.
- Pour sauce over potatoes and eggs; mix gently until potatoes and eggs are evenly coated. (I suggest adding the sauce half at a time so that you can add only enough to coat the potatoes and not have soupy salad!).
- Put potato salad into serving bowl and garnish as desired with sprinkled paprika (to taste), reserved slices of egg, etc.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 days; serve cold.
- This recipe may be made vegan by omitting eggs and substituting vegan mayonnaise.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just a thought: potato salad depends on what you're serving it with. The other night I just boiled new potatoes in their skins then made a mayonnaise. Mixed chopped tarragon and a smidgeon of homemade tarragon vinegar with the mayo and tossed with the warm (not hot) spuds.<br/><br/>The shortcrust tart I served it with had pancetta in it so no need for bacon in the salad.<br/><br/>My daughter doesn't like potato salad but had seconds.
see 3 more reviews