Chocolate Avocado Pudding
photo by Jostlori
- Ready In:
- 2 large avocados, scoop out the good stuff
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup milk (skim, 2% or whole)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder (espresso powder will work)
- toasted coconut, flake
- orange zest
- flakey sea salt
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients until completely smooth.
- Chill, covered, in the fridge at least 30 minutes - overnight will do well.
- Place in serving bowls, garnish and enjoy.
- Does not include chill time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Mmmmmm! I have a similar recipe posted but I like this one a whole lot! Made just half a recipe for the two of us and it is the perfect amount. Just fills two tasting cups, which is enough to satisfy my sweet tooth! Instead of processed cocoa powder, I used the organic ground cocoa that is a Costa Rican staple. It is grainier than processed cocoa, but has an amazing, natural taste. As it sat in the fridge the remaining granules softened and the pudding was a silky goodness. Can't wait to see if DH can guess what's in this... Thanks for sharing this great recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.