Cheesy Shell Taco Bites
- Ready In:
8 taco cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop shredded cheese on to parchment and shape into a disk. Make sure each cheese disk does not touch the one next to it.
- Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 7 minutes.
- Lift the melted cheese disks off of the parchment paper and press into mini-muffin tins. Let the cheese cool for 1-minute (or more) in the muffin tin so that they will hold their shape. Remove from muffin tin and set aside.
For the Taco Filling:
- Cook hamburger until browned.
- Drain the fat and stir in taco mix and 1/2 cup salsa/picante sauce.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Spoon beef mixture in cooled cheese cups and top with the 3 shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, cubed avocados and cilantro.
I've been making these on a keto diet as Taco shells. You place the cheese on a sheet of parchment, I just spread it out to about the size and shape I want (round) Sprinkle with cumin to give it that good taco taste. Then after you bake it till a golden brown color take it off the parchment with a large spatula and set it over a spoon handle or in a taco tray to form. I fill mine with shrimp browned with garlic and cumin and flavored with a squeeze of lime right before I fill the shells. If I were to make these every night no one would complain!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!