Can't Leave Alone Bars
photo by Midwest Maven
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- MIX CAKE MIX, OIL, AND EGGS IN BOWL. PRESS 2/3 MIXTURE IN 9 X 13 INCH PAN.
- MICROWAVE CONDENSED MILK, CHOC.CHIPS, AND BUTTER UNTIL MELTED. POUR OF BATTER.
- DROP REMAINING BATTER BY teaspoons ON TOP.
- BAKE 350 DEGREES 25 MINUTES OR UNTIL LIGHTLY BROWNED.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have been making these for years and years. They are my daughter's favorite treat and she asks for them every birthday or holiday. I leave out the butter since it just isn't needed. These are super fast to make and absolutely delicious. I have made them with chocolate cake mix and yellow cake mix. I have never added nuts since my family doesn't love them but I could definitely see them being good addition. I loved the idea of using Andes chocolates and I am going to try that soon. I almost always have everything on hand to make these if I need to whip up a quick treat for something. I just made two pans today for a Girl Scout dinner tonight. It took no time at all!
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I lived in Western NY all my life. I love collecting cookbooks and recipes. My favorite cookbooks are the stuffed cougar from richmond, VA and southern living. I love to pick up cookbooks in different areas of the country especially ones put together from homecooks like the fundraiser type. I love to try the recipes that you submit and really thank you all so much for making me a pretty decent cook. I submit recipes i find new, unusual, special...not always on the website so they may look more different then my reviewed recipes... but they are alllll good. give them a try!!!!</p>