photo by NW Cajun Foodie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped 1/2-inch dice
- 2 medium onions, chopped 1/2-inch dice
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped 1/2-inch dice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups crushed tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- saffron, 1 large pinch
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mussels or 1 1/2 lbs clams
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 lb red snapper or 1 lb cod
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Add chopped vegetables with.
- garlic, thyme and bay leaves. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, clam juice,wine, fennel seed, saffron, salt, pepper and parsley. Simmer15 minutes.
- Add the scrubbed mussels (make sure beard is removed), shelled shrimp, scallops (cut in half) and the fish (cut in chunks). Cook 15 minutes longer and be careful when you stir it that you don't break up fish. Serve up Bouillabaisse in soup plates with hot French bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!