Creamy Brussels Sprouts Soup
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout, quartered
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- sour cream (optional)
- paprika (optional)
- Use a large saucepan to saute chopped onion and potato in the butter. Add Brussels Sprouts, broth, salt, papper and curry powder.
- Bring mixture to boil; reduce heat to simmer. Cover and let simmer 10-12 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Puree in small amounts in blender. Return to pan.
- In small bowl, combine egg yolk and whipping cream. Stir into pureed soup. Cook 4-5 minutes over medium-low heat, but do NOT let boil.
- Garnish with sour cream and paprika if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Missouri born and bred. Raised in a family of awesome cooks and bakers! I love to cook, bake breads, pies. Nothing makes me happier than to hear someone moan or sigh with delight while eating something I've made.