Box-Mix Black Forest Cake
This is my family's favorite cake.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping (cool whip)
- 1 tablespoon almond flavoring
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 ounce chocolate sprinkles
- maraschino cherry
- Bake cake according to directions in a 9' x 13' x 2' pan.
- Mix pie filling and almond flavoring.
- While cake is still warm, poke top with fork and spread cherry pie filling over cake.
- While cake cooks, prepare pudding, adding extra vanilla flavoring.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread pudding mixture over cake, carefully covering cherry pie filling.
- Decorate with chocolate sprinkles and maraschino cherries.
- Cover and refrigerate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
OOooo. Yummy! I used Whipped Topping from the Carton (I prefer fresher ingredients. . .) and Chocolate Pudding for the frosting, AND had chocolate pudding with the cake mix (was an accident that I put it in there, worked well -- can't remember what I didn't to balance. I think I had to cook it longer, and used a little more liquid). Tastes better than ANY cake I've had in a store. Any cake I've EVER HAD!