Bean Burrito Bowl
Burrito ingredients -- flavorful rice, beans, tomatoes, corn, cilantro and lettuce -- without a tortilla, layered in individual bowls or in a casserole dish
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons ground ancho chili peppers
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can Ranch Style® Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, and chilies. drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add 2/3 cup of the onion and the garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add rice; cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, water, ground chile and 1 teaspoon of the cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 45 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, place both beans, drained tomatoes, corn, the remaining onion, cilantro, lime juice, hot sauce and the remaining cumin in large bowl. Mix well; set aside.
- When rice is done, stir in salt. Divide hot rice mixture among 8 individual bowls or spread in 13x9-inch dish. Top with cheese, lettuce and bean mixture. Serve immediately and top each serving with sour cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION