Baby Gripe Water (Great for Adults Too) Aka Bay Leaf Tea
photo by Debbwl
- Ready In:
- Place the bay leaves and the cold water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3 minutes. The mixture will turn a pale green, similar to some green teas.
- Let cool a bit.
- For adults and older children drink one cup when you have gas or other stomach upset.
- For infants, feed one to two ounces, depending on age, whenever baby has gas.
- Be aware that this will make you feel much better, and it will make you pass gas.
- You can make half the recipe for an infant as this should be drunk before it gets cold. The basic formula is one medium bay leaf for every 1 cup of water.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is excellent stuff! DH woke up in the middle of the night 4 days ago due to severe indigestion and gas, had a cup of the tea, gave out a loud burp and all was well : ) Yesterday, 9 month old daughter was restless the whole night due to gas, gave her a few teaspoons of the same in the morning, she slept soundly after that..THANK YOU for posting this
Nice mild tea. This tea is very pale color and very mild in flavor. Made because we were looking for something different to drink this evening. But think the intro may be accurate about it being good for gas. Even though I was not feeling gassy let out three good burps (excuse me) after sipping it all down. Thanks for the post.