All Purpose Hawaiian Marinade
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- meat or poultry, of your choice
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Allow meat to marinate in zip top baggies for 12 to 48 hours.
- Remove meat from bags and pour marinade into sauce pan. Bring to boil over medium high heat and for 10 minutes.
- Baste meat with marinade in between flips on the grill.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a great combination of flavors. We really enjoyed the pineapple juice and that the soy wasn't the dominant flavor, as is so often the case. I wasn't sure about the 5-spice but trusted the recipe & we're really glad I did! I marinated chicken thighs overnight and then just cooked them on the stove. I can't wait for summer weather when we can pull out the BBQ & try this marinade on everything else! Thanks, Savvy Hostess! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef. You've been adopted! :) http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been cooking since I was 10 years old...learned from my mother, a great cook in her own right. One of my first toys was the Easy Bake Miniwave Oven. I've had 4 years of professional cooking classes from the University of Wisconsin - Stout. My degree is in Hospitality and Tourism Management. I am a Corporate Meeting and Event Planner for a company in the Twin Cities Metro Area. I love my job!!!