Recipe by teresas
This is out of a 2000 Cookbook called "Simple & Classic Homecooking". It is noted in the cookbook that this recipe received their highest rating. You can serve it on a bed of couscous alongside mixed salad greens and some fresh fruit for dessert.DH rated it pretty darn good.
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (16 ounce) skinless salmon fillet (1 inch thick)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a shallow dish; stir well. Add fish; cover, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium-hot coals (350-400 degrees). Remove fish from marinade; reserve marinade.
- Place fish on grill rack or in a grill basket coated with cooking spray; grill, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes or until marinade becomes thick and syrupy.
- Spoon over fish; serve immediately.