Recipe by Fossettes
I served this chili to guests on Halloween night with cornbread and it was a huge hit!
Top Review by bmcnichol
As written we thought this was a bit bland. I added 3 tablespoons of chili powder and then added an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce. It was easy to make and we did enjoy it after the changes.
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, one drained, one with juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic, onion and peppers in olive oil over medium heat until onions are soft.
- Add ground beef, cook until browned.
- Add tomatoes, beans, tomato paste and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for one hour. Add water if needed to reach desired consistency.