Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this elegantly in martini glasses. Requires 1 hr chill time.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 3⁄4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large granny smith apples, chopped
- 2 large Red Delicious apples, chopped
- 2 large golden delicious apples, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 6 breadsticks
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir in all salad ingredients except walnuts. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Stir in walnuts just before serving in martini glasses, and add a crunchy breadstick and some pomegranate seeds to garnish.
I really enjoyed this even with the lightened up changes I made. I used miracle whip, low cal yogurt I strained in place of sour cream and garnished with low cal whole wheat toast strips. This is a wonderful salad and the lemon and ginger really gives this a kick!
Very tasty! It's quite similar to the version of Waldorf Salad I ate growing up. It was a bit on the sweet side. I think next time, I'd use less honey and a bit more ginger. Thanks Bleu Pantry! Made for PAC Fall 2007.