Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Taken from Dave Liberman's Young and Hungry. I haven't tried this one, but I love white sangria. Original recipe was for TWO bottle of wine. Original sugar quantity was 1/3 cup (for twice as much volume). I think this would be good made with peaches too.
- Wash the fruit before slicing. Just a reminder.
- Mix the wine, brandy or cognac, and sugar in a large clear pitcher. Stir until sugar has disolved.
- Add the fruit and stir.
- Refrigerate a few hours to allow flavors to combine.
- Before serving, top off with ice cubes.
- Note: orinal recipe calls for an inexpensive light wine such as pino grigio, sauvignon blanc, fume blanc, or California Chablis. It states the chardonney is too robust.
My first time drinking white sangria and I really like it. We used brandy. And only 1 tablespoon of superfine sugar. We loved it this way after maybe 10 hours in the fridge. Thanks GourmetMomma :)