Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a coworker that brought this in for a pot luck football party at work. I personally am not on the WW's program but the recipe is 2pts per 1/2 cup serving.
- 8 ounces uncooked cauliflower, florets
- 3 small uncooked yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunk (about 10oz)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon table salt, divided
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons salted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, snipped
- Place cauliflower, potatoes, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a medium saucepan. Add enough water to cover and bring to a boil.
- Boil until vegetables are tender, about 10-15 minutes; drain and return to saucepan.
- Stir in milk, butter, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper; mash until smooth.
- Stir in chives and serve.
Please tell your co-worker she has a blasted, immense, stupendous, recipe on her hands! Man, these are great in every, single, way! I didn't change anything except used up some red potatoes from my garden. They worked perfectly, and added a great visual, a speck of color to the cauliflower, and they turned out beautifully! Will make this often, because they are that gosh, darn, good! Loved, loved, the garlic just boiling away with the cauli, and the taters. Mashed right into the whole thing. Thanks for posting such a great recipe!
These potatoes are deeeelicious!! Even my DH, who doesn't like to try new things, loved these! It may defeat the purpose, but he went back for a second helping! I used some minced garlic but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. It's such a good way to sneak in an extra vegetable and omit some carbs from the extra potatoes. Thanks for this great recipe. I'll be using it often!