1/4 Photos of Warm Sesame Cabbage Salad With Soy and Scallions (Zip and Steam)
Zip lock has come out with these great little steamer bags. I'm going to down load several of the recipes for safe keeping. The idea is that steamed vegetables and meat are supposed to be better for you, because there is very little added fat. I suppose you could also make this in a traditional steamer, however, the cook times may vary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head savoy cabbage, cabbage, shredded (Chinese, about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1Combine all ingredients in a Medium or Large Ziploc® Brand Zip 'n Steam™ Bag.
- 2Seal bag and shake gently to combine ingredients. Pat ingredients into single layer. Place bag in microwave.
- 3Microwave on full power for 3 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- 4Allow bag to stand for 1 minute before handling. Carefully open bag and serve.
- 5Garnish as desired with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Sesame Cabbage Salad With Soy and Scallions (Zip and Steam)
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.4
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 257.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: