Yummy veg hotwings. If you want them to be vegan, then you can use vegan margarine. They're amazing, and one of my favorite foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package seitan (cut into wing sized pieces) or 1 (16 ounce) package Quorn tenders
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 3 ounces louisiana hot sauce
- 2 ounces habanero sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dried Italian salad dressing mix
Reduction Sauce (use excess marinade)
- 1Place seitan pieces and melted margarine in large, ziplock, freezer bag with rest of ingredients and shake well.
- 2Let marinate for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- 3Take seitan out of excess sauce(Save excess sauce for reduction sauce) and put pieces on baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes on 350 (turn them mid-way through).
- 4Reduction Sauce:.
- 5Melt margarine in sautee pan and add excess marinade.
- 6Add the 1/2 ounce of both habanero and Louisiana hotsauce, incorporate.
- 7Stir in brown sugar and minced onions.
- 8Once the sauce becomes syrupy either remove from heat and serve on the side of the hotwings, or add hotwings to the pan, stir everything together, and serve the wings pre-sauced.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Hot Wings
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.5
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1290.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian salad dressing mix