Recipe by 89240
This is an excellent dip for nachos, or cheese for "mac and cheese" however, if you expect it to taste exactly like it's dairy counterpart, you will be disappointed
Top Review by raspberryjello
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but i noticed the ingredients list nutritional yeast as being the same thing as brewers yeast. This is not true. Brewer's yeast is quite bitter and will not work well if a recipe calls for nutritional yeast.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast flakes (brewer's yeast)
- 1 cup water
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (omit for pasta sauce)
- cayenne pepper
- tortilla chips or macaroni noodles
- sift together dry ingredients in medium saucepan.
- whisk in water over medium heat until bubbly.
- stir in margarine and tomatoes.
- continue to cook until well heated.
- serve over chips for nachos, or over noodles for mac and cheese.