Montana Heart Song's Note:
I was tired of buying expensive scalloped edge tortilla bowls for salads. I decided to buy or make tortilla and form my own shells. So easy you would believe it!
My Private Note
- 1Heat oven 350*.
- 2One flat baking tray.
- 3Grease 6 oven proof soup or popcorn bowls on the inside, Reserve 7th bowl.
- 4Place each tortilla inside greased bowl.
- 5Stack filled bowls inside of each other.
- 6Place the 7th empty bowl inside of the 6th bowl.
- 7Place a weight inside the bowl that is heat resistant.
- 8Bake 12 minutes.
- 9Remove tray from oven. Do not move the bowls.
- 10Let them cool down. Then remove the bowls.
- 11Put plastic wrap in between.
- 12If you form homemade tortillas, bake a little longer to form the shells. It seems they have more moisture in them.
- 13Make only 6 at each time.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortilla Formed Salad Bowl Shells
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.0
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 1.8 g