Prep 12 mins
Cook 25 mins
Crisp fried veggies, without the oil or the mess. Great appetizers!
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- assorted bite-size raw vegetables (cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms, etc)
- In shallow bowl, mix potato flakes, parmesan cheese, garlic salt and melted butter.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Dip veggies in egg, then in potato mixture.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes.
I made these last night and used zucchini to accompany fresh grilled tuna and corn on the cob. I first dipped the zucchini in seasoned flour then into the egg and then the potato/cheese/butter/garlic salt mixture. They baked up to a lovely crispy golden brown. I'm going to make this again and try adding some spices to it.. maybe cayenne pepper and chili powder. The recipe was easy to make up ahead of time, too. I just lined a baking sheet with aluminum foil and gave it a light spray with oil. It made for easy clean up.
Loved this recipe. It was so easy to prepare. I used zucchini, next time I will try sweet potatoes and squash. I'll use my imagination. Husband loved it, and it's a keeper. Shortened baking time to around 20 min., because my batch were starting to golden brown.
WOW, these were really good Inez!!! I used mushrooms, cauliflower, celery chunks and asparagus tips. This is a real keeper, could use all kinds of different veggies. thanks for sharing!!!