Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this recipe on a night when I was super exhausted after work but wanted to at least attempt to cook something for dinner. This is quick, easy, and delish!
- 7 1⁄4 ounces Kraft macaroni and cheese (1 box)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning (1 packet)
- 1 tablespoon louisiana hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter (seperate from the first 4)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Make box of macaroni and cheese as directed.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef and drain.
- Add taco seasoning/water.
- Simmer meat mixture for 5 minutes.
- While simmering, add 1 tbsp hot sauce and 1 tbsp butter. Mix well.
- Drain meat.
- Add meat to macaroni and cheese, mix well.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese, mix gently 'til melted.
- Serve! YUM!
This reminded me a lot of hamburger helper, but it was better. My kids loved it & I was able to quickly make it with things I had on hand. Thanks!
I made this for a family dinner and the kids LOVED it. My daughter requests this now every week. Even my one-year-old niece gobbled it up. Quick and easy. Definately a keeper.
My family and I enjoyed this recipe. It is super quick and yummy!