1/1 Photo of Sugarless Fall Harvest Cookies
A delicious sugarless cookie filled with dates, raisins, apples and nuts. You won't miss the sugar! From the " Cooking with the Horse and Buggy People" cookbook. I have edited the recipe to include draining the fruit after "plumping". Thank you Paula!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- 2Simmer the dates, apples, and raisins in 1 cup of water for 3 minutes to soften and "plump".
- 3Cool and remove fruit from liquid. Discard cooking water.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, cream together eggs and shortening. Add vanilla.
- 6Stir in cooled date mixture.
- 7Add dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- 8Chill for 15 minutes.
- 9Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 10Bake about 10-12 minutes or until nicely browned.
- 11Store in a cool place.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugarless Fall Harvest Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 129.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g