Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sinfully delicious. You can substitute 1/2 banana, sliced, for the apple. I also tried one time substituting crushed pineapple for the layer of apple slices and it tasted good, although it made the sandwich a bit soggy. I personally prefer using whole wheat bread, but most other people seem to favor the white or French bread. A friend of mine liked to substitute chocolate-hazelnut spread for the honey, but I dislike chocolate so I can't personally vouch for this variation.
- 2 slices thick French bread or 2 slices home-made white bread or 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 -2 tablespoon natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄2 apple, sliced
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- Generously slather peanut butter on 1 slice of bread.
- Cover with a layer of apple slices and sprinkle with raisins, cashews and coconut.
- Spread honey on the second slice of bread and place it on top of the sandwich.
Thanks for a filling brekky that was sweetly luxurious! Thinking a sprinkle of cinnamon would be nice here, but I AM a cinnamon fanatic, LOL. Used the banana version and subbed agave nectar for honey (to make it vegan). I'm trying to gain weight, so I should eat this more often!!
We both enjoyed this good tasting sandwich, My husband said what was not to like and gave it 5 stars. Thanks echo echo. Bullwinkle.
Sinful is right! I am going to try this with Nutella also as Char suggested. My DH LOVED this! what a great sandwich treat, thanks echo...Kitten:)