Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I don't care for using spaghetti squash like it's spaghetti pasta, but this way makes an awesome side dish. I use other cheeses sometimes. When you're done with the squash, you can roast the seeds for a yummy snack, too!
- First pierce the squash in several places with a knife and bake on a cookie sheet at 400 deg. for 1 hour or until squash has softened.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove seeds, and scoop out spaghetti-like flesh.
- Beat together milk and eggs, stir in Gruyere and spices, and mix thoroughly with squash.
- Transfer squash into a lightly oiled square baking dish.
- Top with bread crumbs and Parmesan, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 400 deg. for 30 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
my whole family loved this recipe. creamy & yummy! used up the last of last year's frozen spaghetti squash.