Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We have this often when the garden tomatoes get ripe. It is so simple and can be a complete meal. If you just need a light lunch or dinner serve with your favorite Whole Grain Bread, or if you prefer more traditional, Italian or garlic Bread. It has protien, dairy, fresh tomatoes, and did you know that BASIL in just one serving, has Dietary Fiber, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Niacin, Vitamin B-6, Total Folate and Vitamin K. But you don't have to think about that when you are eating just ENJOY.
- 4 large fresh mozzarella balls
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 8 leaves fresh basil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Slice the fresh Mozzarella Balls into 3 or 4 slices.
- Core and remove a very thin slice from the bottom of the washed Tomatoes, slice into 4 or 5 slices.
- Between 4 salad plates divide the Mozzarella and Tomato slices layering the slices alterantely (See Photo).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the Basil and sprinkle over the top of each salad.
- Drizzle 1/2 a Tablespoon of Olive Oil over each salad.
- Serve with Lemon wedges or squeeze the lemon on top before serving.
So tasty! I had this with a little piece of grilled steak and it was heaven. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
I tagged this recipe specifically for my DH and he LOVED it ~ I loved it because it was easy to make and is a nice healthy snack or light meal. Thanks for posting ~ made for Spring PAC 2010!
Excellent! Make a similar summer mini appetizer - large tomatoes and good sized balls of cheese plated makes for one great salad. Am very partial to Saputo cheese with the tomatoes and basil. Can't wait to make this with vine ripened tomatoes from the garden - then I would need more stars! Thank you for sharing.