1/2 Photos of Rob's Favorite Creamed Dried Beef
I prefer to use the dried beef from a local deli - ask to have it paper-thin sliced or chipped. I serve this over toasted wheat bread for my DH but it is also good served over a oven-baked russet potato. I found this recipe in the Fannie Farmer Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the slices of beef and set aside.
- 2In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the butter over a medium high heat.
- 3When the butter foams, sprinkle in the flour and whisk (yes use a whisk it works better) in the flour until very well blended.
- 4Add the hot milk and cook over low heat, stirring very often with the whisk.
- 5Slowly add the cream, continuing to stir constantly until the cream sauce is thickened (about 3-5 minutes).
- 6Add the pepper and the dried beef and using a spoon mix well until heated through.
- 7Serve over crisply toasted bread or hot baked potato.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rob's Favorite Creamed Dried Beef
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 621.4
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 1528.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 29.5 g