Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw Giada make this on her show today and thought it sounded like an easy healthy and different sort of breakfast. Let me know what you think. I intend to make this soon!
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam, divided
- 2 cups granola cereal, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- To toast the sliced almonds, arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 6 to 8 minutes until lightly golden. Cool completely before using.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ricotta cheese and yogurt together until smooth. In each parfait glass, layer 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture, 1 tablespoon raspberry jam and 1/4 cup of granola. Repeat the layers. Spread the remaining ricotta mixture on top and garnish with toasted almonds before serving.
This was really very good and easy to do. I made it with homemade ricotta, peach-pineapple preserves, and granola. I think my servings were about 1/2 of what is posted here. My husband also enjoyed this dish. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
I also watched Giada make this recipe. I made it with sugar free preserves, fresh blueberries and strawberries. Don't forget the granola. It is the best part. I bought a more expensive bag of granola at the market. It is worth it for this delicious breakfast. This can also be a great snack or dessert!