1/4 Photos of (Raw) Angel-Hair Zucchini "pasta" With Fresh Pesto
This is a raw recipe from Natural Health Magazine. It's an alternative to pasta and has been a hit with friends and family who aren't raw foodists or vegetarians.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium zucchini, peeled
- 1 medium zebra green tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon raw pine nuts (to garnish)
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- 1Using a vegetable peeler or a spiral vegetable slicer, slice the outer zucchini flesh into lenthwise strips, discaring any seeds.
- 2Stack the strips and then slice them into thinner "noodles".
- 3Place the zucchini noodles in a medium bowl and add chopped tomato, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
- 4Place all pesto ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth, with just a few nuts visible for texture.
- 5Gently toss the zucchini and tomato mixture with just enough pesto to coat.
- 6Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- 7Garnish with pine nuts and basil leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for (Raw) Angel-Hair Zucchini "pasta" With Fresh Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.7
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 744.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 5.4 g