Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a raw recipe from Natural Health Magazine. It's an alternative to pasta and has been a hit with friends and family who aren't raw foodists or vegetarians.
- 3 medium zucchini, peeled
- 1 medium zebra green tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon raw pine nuts (to garnish)
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (preferably raw)
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Using a vegetable peeler or a spiral vegetable slicer, slice the outer zucchini flesh into lenthwise strips, discaring any seeds.
- Stack the strips and then slice them into thinner "noodles".
- Place the zucchini noodles in a medium bowl and add chopped tomato, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.
- Place all pesto ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth, with just a few nuts visible for texture.
- Gently toss the zucchini and tomato mixture with just enough pesto to coat.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with pine nuts and basil leaves and serve.
It is GREAT!!!!! I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great raw recipe that even people who are not raw like. : )
FABULOUS...I added a touch of nutritional yeast to make it a little cheesy...also added some fresh lemon to the zucc. (I just like to do that with raw veggies some times) and threw in some sun-dried tomato and a little bit of red pepper flake ... FABULOUS!!!- a HUGE WINNER thanks so much!!
I've tried eating zoodles, but I just can't get past the crunch.