Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A sweet treat any time of year, but especially great when strawberries are in season. I don't frost them....they are great as is, but a good cream cheese frosting would be great I think.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) packageplain white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup strawberry, finely chopped with juice
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line muffin pans with paper liners.
- Blend cake mix, gelatin, chopped strawberries, milk, oil and eggs in a large bowl. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon batter into each cup, filling it 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until cupcakes are lightly golden and spring back when gently pressed - about 20-25 minute.
I try to avoid recipes with processed foods in them but this was the recipe used for my niece's first birthday...I gotta admit that they were good and very PINK! Pretty in Pink is a fitting title. A lot of strawberry flavor to them. Top them with strawberry buttercream and you have a cupcake any little girl will want at her next party. And I will also comment that they were moist but not oily or greasy, a big thumbs up for that.
I love this recipe! I don't like using cake mixes but I wasn't sure where to start when my daughter requested strawberry cupcakes. There were so quick to make and were a huge hit at the bbq I took them to. This recipe worked so well I've started substituting...instead of strawberries and strawberry gelatin I used lemon gelatin and added a little lemon juice and rind to the batter. I finished them by filling with lemon curd and topped off with a lemon cream cheese frosting. Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing.
Excellent! Had a very nice stawberry taste. Couldn't even begin to tell they started with a box mix. Will certainly make these again.