Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from "Sauces for Pasta" by Kristie Trabant and Andrea Chesman. It is an interesting variation on the classic pesto which is made with pine nuts or walnuts.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shelled unsalted pistachio nuts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- combine basil, garlic, cheese and pistachios in a food processor or blender.
- process to mix.
- with the machine running, slowly add the olive oil.
- season with salt and pepper and process to the desired consistency.
- let stand for 5 minutes.
- to serve, thin the pesto with a few tablespoons of hot pasta cooking water and toss with hot fettuccine or linguine.
This is good I do like it thicker as in Pistachio Pesto using more nuts! No need to thin it down with the pasta water. Thanks for a delish recipe!
This was delicious.Very similar to pesto made with pine nuts, just a bit more texture and "nuttier". Made the full recipe and plan to freeze the leftovers for another time.