Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Bake up this green-hued bread for any occasion, but it's especially appropriate for Christmas or St. Patrick's Day The little loaves have a pistachio flavor, light cake-like texture and crunchy topping.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (18-1/4 ounces)
- 96.38 g package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 59.14 ml water
- 177.44 ml finely chopped pecans
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 12.32 ml ground cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes.
- Add sour cream, eggs, oil and water; beat until blended Pour into five greased 5-3/4-in.
- x 3-in.
- x 2-in.
- loaf pans.
- Combine the pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
I have made these for work on St. Patricks day and since have been asked by many co-workers to make again and again. I do change the recipe just a bit. I used the 50% reduced sugar cake mix, added light sour cream and splenda brown sugar. I even got lucky 'once' and found sugar free pudding mix. I bake these in six 4" spring pans I found at Target. Tee
Took these cakes to work today (St. Pat's Day); everyone thought they were great. Very moist and tender. I used Greek Yogurt for half of the sour cream Yummy!
I made this for St. Patty's day also. My 80-something parents liked it, my husband liked it and my kids liked it too! I had a little trouble with the topping not sticking to the top of the cakes. Next time I will mix the nuts, brown sugar and cinnanom with a little softened butter. Thanks for the new recipe!