Recipe by RecipeNut
Bake up this green-hued bread for any occasion, but it's especially appropriate for Christmas or St. Patrick's Day The little loaves have a pistachio flavor, light cake-like texture and crunchy topping.
Top Review by Tee Angel
I have made these for work on St. Patricks day and since have been asked by many co-workers to make again and again. I do change the recipe just a bit. I used the 50% reduced sugar cake mix, added light sour cream and splenda brown sugar. I even got lucky 'once' and found sugar free pudding mix. I bake these in six 4" spring pans I found at Target. Tee
- 1 package yellow cake mix (18-1/4 ounces)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes.
- Add sour cream, eggs, oil and water; beat until blended Pour into five greased 5-3/4-in.
- x 3-in.
- x 2-in.
- loaf pans.
- Combine the pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.