Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 mins
My sister shared this recipe with me many years ago and my youngest son was known at his school for the best person to ask to bring a snack. There are several recipes posted that are similar but none are like this one.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 lb creamy peanut butter
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (20 ounce) box Crispix cereal
- 2 lbs powdered sugar, divided
- In extra-large microwave safe bowl, place chocolate chips and butter.
- Microwave on medium for 3 minutes.
- Stir well to combine and add peanut butter and microwave on medium for 3 minutes.
- Stir well to combine and microwave on medium for 3 minutes.
- Stir in entire box of Crispix cereal and stir well to coat each piece.
- In large brown bag (grocery sack) place 1/2 of the powdered sugar that has been divided. Add coated cereal mixture and top with remaining 1/2 of original divided powdered sugar.
- Shake well to coat and add remaining powdered sugar as need until all pieces are broken apart and coated with powdered sugar.
- Store in air tight container for up to 1 week.
I love this recipe I was in 6th grade when we made it inhome ec it was the best class u got to cook it and the best part eat it :D
As my son said, "What's not to love about peanut butter, chocolate & powdered sugar?" I agree. I didn't use Crispix cereal though, I used the box of corn Chex that I already had, and t was still tasty. Thank you for the recipe.
This is an awesome snack!! My kids love this. It makes a lot, too, so I took it to our church's youth conference. I didn't put it in a grocery sack but put it in a huge pot and turned the mix over with fork. Thanks, CindiJ! Made for Spring PAC '08