Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I used this recipe from FamilyFun.com to make these cute cupcakes for my Artic Fun cake. I just layered the cupcakes together and placed 3 Penguin cupcakes on a ice flow next to a blue icing tinted pool of water. I made cream cheese icing but you could use a canned icing. Instead of using dried apricots I just used yellow tic-tacs for the nose and legs. Too Cute! Quick and this made a great presentation.
- 3 vanilla cupcakes
- 226.79 g container vanilla icing
- 9 Keebler fudge shoppe peanut butter filled cookies
- 3 dried apricots (cut into triangles for the beak and nose...I used yellow tic-tacs instead)
- 2 M&M's, minis (eyes)
- Make vanilla cupcakes according to box directions and frost with vanilla frosting.
- Decorate as shown: Cut cookies in half, using two halves for wings and one half for head.
- Use tic-tacs or apricots for feet and nose.
- Use brown M&M's for eyes.
I made these for my son's 8th birthday (today!). They came together fairly easily, we used blue and yellow royal icing in the tube you can buy (for cookies) for the eyes and beak to make it easier. Tons of fun!